6.14.2017

American Field Pop-Up Market in D.C.

This past weekend I was invited by American Field to experience their made in USA pop-up market in Washington D.C.. For those of you how are not familiar with American Field- they have been curating pop-up shops all over the US and this was their first stop in Washington D.C.. All the vendors in the market are independent and sell products that are made in the US. I love supporting small businesses in the US because I feel like it's super important to do our part and support our mom and pop shops. 
When I was in college I studied Production Management and I learned everything from sourcing local goods to working with factories abroad and domestic. Seeing the in's and out's of the production/ manufacturing business you really get a sense of how important it is to support your local shops because the when you shop domestically your not only helping small businesses to thrive but every part of the supply chain benefits from it.

Walking by each vendor in this market was truly inspiring. You couldn't help but feel the creativity throughout the place! I love seeing people do what they love and I've always said that when I grow older I want to be as happy as they lady selling hand-made soap at the farmers markets because that is something that person is truly and whole heartedly passionate about. 

In this post you will see photos from vendors I got to meet and maybe you will check them out also!



Dorset Maple Reserve-  Delicious maple syrup from Dorset, Vermont. I had to buy the Smoked and Spicy Maple Syrup made with smoked serrano peppers. Sweet and spicy- win!

Salazon Chocolate co. Made with organic cacao from the Dominican Republic.

Beautiful hand knitted jewelery by Laura Kass.
I fell in love with this red choker necklace. Perfect for any occasion!


Taylor and Tessier Jewlery- Hand made jewelry from Aspen Colorado.



Ball and Buck- Made in the USA menswear for the man who loves the outdoors!


Nancy Nelson Jewelry is hand crafted and beautifully inspired by nature.

A successful shopping day if you ask me.
I'm so happy I was able to experience  American Field  if the market stops by in your area make sure to check it out!
Photos By Daniel Lopera.

2 comments:

  1. An author must have a vast knowledge of vocabulary. The dictionary of a writer must be full of new english vocabulary to make their work more attractive. Use of new words makes their work more valuable and graceful.บริการ ซักรีด โรงแรม

    ReplyDelete
  2. The writer of this blog is really very professional. Every single line of this article is well written. New use of vocabulary is a great effort. At the same time tense, indirect speech was also sued in good manner.รับ ซัก ผ้า โรงแรม กรุงเทพ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! <3